UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Programming PL only while not changing PS

I am working on the PL side of a project in Vivado 2019.1. I am trying to debug an issue in the PL, and the PS side is being handled by a firmware group that doesn't have the time to unbrick my prototype if I mess up something during programming or configuration.

Is there a way that once I've programmed my device with a BOOT.BIN file and am happy with the PS side, that I can just reprogram the PL only as I iterate through the debug process?

Right now, I can program using the bitfile with a JTAG pod, but if I do this, I am not able to build the firmware using my .hdf file on our build server. Also, the firmware group is not using Xilinx SDK.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Programming PL only while not changing PS

Hi @joelschad you can use fpga manager in linux to program PL only.

Please refer beloe link

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841847/Solution+ZynqMP+PL+Programming

Or else you can program bitstram after booting u- boot using fpga command

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos