UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor j_roberg
Visitor

SDK Program Flash Issue: Zynq + S25FL

I am working on a custom board that has XC7Z020 with QSPI connection to Cypress/Spansion S25FL128 serial flash. With default/factory settings on the flash I am able to successfully use program flash command in SDK. However, if I assert the TBPROT bit of the flash (which is needed for our application), SDK program flash always fails (blank check, verify, etc.) I have found that, with TBPROT set, the QUAD bit in the flash reads back as 0 after attempting to program flash from SDK (with QUAD=0, Zynq is unable to read flash at startup and debugger only works with strapping set to JTAG). If I manually set the QUAD bit back to 1, then attempt to program flash from SDK, the cycle repeats (QUAD bit always reads back as 0 after invoking SDK program flash).

I have also opened a service request for this but have not been making much progress. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDK Program Flash Issue: Zynq + S25FL

Have you tried to use u-boot to program the flash? In that case you might be able to look at the code and understand why the QUAD bit is going to zero.

Also, maybe not a bad idea to talk to Spansion/Cypress: They  should be able to help you with u-boot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos