cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Setting cpuidle in First Stage Boot Loader (FSBL)

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Working with some hardware with a ZU11EG Zynq part and the way the board is configured, whenever I boot using JTAG mode (debugging) the entire stack will power off after a few seconds. We believe this has to do with the cpuidle (CPU_IDLE?) feature of the Zynq where the PS tries to shut everything down when CPU cores are idle for too long (or something to that effect). We know how to correct this in our full custom kernel builds, but does anyone know how to set this boot argument in a First Stage Boot Loader (FSBL) that was created in Xilinx SDK from the FSBL template?

What parameter do I need to set and where's the best place to set it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Setting cpuidle in First Stage Boot Loader (FSBL)

Jump to solution

Thanks Glena.

All in all, the cause of our issues that started this inquiry appear to be hardware related. We thought perhaps it was Linux that was keeping us from our error-state when in actuality, it was the boot process that is likely creating a power system problem. Once we booted, the board hung on which sent us down the wrong path of logic.

So all in all, it seems cpuidle was unrelated to our issues. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yeah I understand that... I'm probably using the wrong terminology. Is there something else in the Zynq configuration or in the FSBL that has analagous control over this behavior?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

There is nothing analogous in the FSBL.  There are no power monitoring functions enabled in the FSBL, so this functionality is not necssary.   Power monitoring is handled in Linux or your OS if you are not running Linux.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks Glena.

All in all, the cause of our issues that started this inquiry appear to be hardware related. We thought perhaps it was Linux that was keeping us from our error-state when in actuality, it was the boot process that is likely creating a power system problem. Once we booted, the board hung on which sent us down the wrong path of logic.

So all in all, it seems cpuidle was unrelated to our issues. 

View solution in original post