cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using xilsecure API

Hello,

i am using OPTEE on the zcu102 board and are working on combining the software crypto library with hardware accelerated crypto. Now the AES example driver implementation for the board is using the sys/socket.h library, which is not available on OPTEE-os.

My approach was to instead use the xilsecure crypto API, but I'm not sure on how I can add it to my project. Right now I'm making changes to the optee-os in a pure software environment and I'm not sure if i can continue developing it from within Xilinx SDK.

Is it possible to link to the xilsecure library outside the SDK? I have found the xilsecure git but I don't know how to use it.

I'm also happy to hear about possible different solutions.

Kind regards,

Konrad

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
denist
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Question: Are you running the PMUFW in your system? If so then you can include the XilSecure in PMUFW and have your OS call the various functions through APIs.

Would that work?

About the linking question ... maybe you are better off asking the SDK forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

That sounds like a practical solution. So after adding xilsecure to the PMUFW I would then program the encryption / decryption routine executed after interrupt on the PMUFW side. Is there a guideline on how to create the API on the PMU side? I don't know how to setup the interrupt routine.

0 Kudos
denist
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Check your XSDK installation folder. It has have some RPU/APU examples on how to call those API.

SDK\2019.1\data\embeddedsw\lib\sw_services\xilsecure_v4_0\examples

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Right now im trying to setup the IPI system between APU and PMU. Following the instructions given in the tutorial, I now have a communication system where PMU initiates the transmission. For my use case I would need the APU to initiate the communication. When I just change the Receive / Send macros as listed at the bottom of the tutorial I don't see any messages at all.

I also tried to setup the RPU example to see if I did any mistakes, but there the RPU -> PMU direction also doesn't work in the example setup.

Is there any additional setup necessary so the IPI channel works? For example changes to the bsp?

0 Kudos