cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Z-turn lite 7010 bit file to bin

Hi xilinx team. I have a question. I recently bought a z-turn lite 7010 board. It's my first program to this board. So basically I have written a code in VHDL to blink an led connected to it's expanded io (I have made a simple io board for it) I don't have programmer to download the code so I thought I can copy my file to my sd card and instert it into my board then boot with SD card and run my code.but I don't know how to create my .bit file to .bin file can anybody help me to do this. Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Z-turn lite 7010 bit file to bin

Hi @mubasheerahmed_12 ,

you cann't load the bit stream on to PL (Programmable logic) independently from SD card. You need FSBL (First stage boot loader) which will initialize the device and loads the bit stream on to PL. In Zynq the PS (processing system is always the master and it will boots first on power up and programs the PL). So Please create FSBL application and create a boot image with FSBL+bitstream and place this boot image in SD card. then your device boot successfully. I provided a simple follow here and if you want to learn more about how the device is booting please go through the chapter 6 Boot and Configuration in ug585 and software development guide ug821. This will helps you to understand the boot follow in Zynq.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos