Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ZCU102 Baremetal reboot from QSPI without power-cycling

Hi,

Is it possible to reboot with flash image programmatically?

Flipping the power switch off and on certainly works, so does pressing the POR_B pushbutton.

Seems none of the "rst" commands available in XCST come close to that level of reset.

Is there possibly a Xilinx driver call to perform reboot and reload boot image from QSPI?

If not, is it possible to simulate a POR_B press in PL by deasserting the PS_POR_B pin?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Update:

Still trying to find a solution for this.

I know now it is impossible to raise PS_POR_B on the PL (hence the PS_ prefix). I was thinking it might be possible to write to it from the Xilinx GPIO driver, but most of the PS pins don't change value when written to. Only certain pins like LEDs can be changed with that driver I think. Any other ideas for asserting the POR_B without physically pressing the button?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Update 2:

For anyone else trying to do the same thing, turns out using the XResetPS driver to pulse XRESETPS_RSTID_PL and XRESETPS_RSTID_PS_ONLY in that order produces this functionality.

The only loose end is if you are simultaneously using SDK/Vitis with the debugger, the FSBL core will break on Reset Catch. Without a debugger, this is not an issue.

0 Kudos