cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ZCU102: Error when flashing UltraScale+ SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 10, 35, fe

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm having a hard time flashing BOOT.bin to the ZCU102. I have set in the block diagram the default QSPI. My guess the problem is in the HDF. I created all the packages (FSBL, PMU, and BSPs) and added in U-Boot which is working on another ZCu102 design and BL31.elf.  When I take another fsbl file from another project the flashing works properly.  Is there something I need to do in the ZCU102 Ultrascale + MPSoC System core block diagram besides enabling QSPI? sf 0 0 0 returns unknown values.  Or, is there something I need to enable in the FSBL?  Another FSBL using the stock ZCU102 board works fine.  What kind of things would prevent QSPI from working?

Command line used: program_flash -f /path/BOOT.bin -fsbl /path/fsbl.elf -flash_type qspi-x8-dual_parallel -blank_check -verify -target_name jsn-XSC0-AAo1BUS+0-24738093-0 -url tcp:aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:3121

A bit more background: dip switches are set to boot JTAG, and the source design came from the Zynq Ultrascale+ reboot solution:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841820/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Restart+solution

I modified this to change from SPI to QSPI and reapplied the  ZCU102 board setting.

Best, Josh K

qspi.PNGqspifreq.PNG

qspi-issue.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU102: Error when flashing UltraScale+ SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 10, 35, fe

Jump to solution

Can you try with QSPI REF CLOCK in Vivado configured for 200MHz, please?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU102: Error when flashing UltraScale+ SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: 10, 35, fe

Jump to solution

Can you try with QSPI REF CLOCK in Vivado configured for 200MHz, please?

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

So what's interesting is I started with a fresh ZCU102 project, and the board boots normally.  I was trying to use the following project as a basis:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841820/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Restart+solution

I added in a few devices (GPIO) and I wasn't able to make it bootable.  However a fresh project without this Restart solution booted as expected, so I'm okay closing this issue for now, but will raise it again if I see it.  I will say my current design QSPI is set to 125 MHz as well and it programs / boots.

0 Kudos