Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ZCU102 U-boot 2017.4 Crash, Synchronous Abort

Hi,

I am trying to install Uboot 2017.4 onto my Xilinx MPSoC ZCU102, but I am unable to do so. I am trying to run it of a NOR flash, but the program is crashing once it creaches line 1085, in board_f.c. I do have a FSBL, and a SSBL, after which Uboot.bin is supposed to run. 

I have noticed that the crash occurs when the code reaches board_f.c, and particually line 1085, "if (initcall_run_list(init_sequence_f))", that line seems to return true and system aborts. 

Previously, I had been running uboot version 2016, and it had been fine. I am not sure if the FSBL is older than what is needed. Please advise.

​Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

To run u-boot, what are the steps you are following?
May I know your .bif file contents?
Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I was able to resolve the issue. I realized that the new version of uboot has a #define for BOARD_INIT_F, something similar to that, and once I removed that from my board header file, it went onto to booting. 

During the initial boot process, the uboot activates a function “board_early_init_f”, and that triggers another function in zynqmp.c , called “zynqmp_pmufw_version” (and it has a CONFIG_CLK_ZYNQMP defined), and that leads to a function being called in fwcall.c (prior to 2017, only a cavium chip used this file), called “smc_call” which contains a bunch of assembly code, and that is where it crashes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos