UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zynq 7000 ARTY Z7 SD card boot

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a custom design for the ARTY Z7 board and have been trying to build the HDF on petalinux and boot via SD card. I have done this with couple other projects successfully, but with this specific project i havent been able to boot linux. I pretty much follow the same procedure build the desing, generate HDF, export to petalinux and build it, copy BOOT.bin and image.ub to SD card. I see that the bitstream is being programmed since the done led on the ARTY board turns on, meaning the FSBL is good. But i dont see any thing in the serial terminal at all. I have pretty much looked at all the configs, UART serial settings and nothing worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks

SKa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Zynq 7000 ARTY Z7 SD card boot

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was able to resolve the issue. The problem was with the MIO pin numbers for the respective IO. My UART pin numbers were not the right ones. Once i updated that i was able to see the serial output. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Regards,
SKa

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
You can add definition of FSBL_DEBUG_INFO in fsbl_debug.h to open the serial print information during FSBL running phase.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

By nothing on the serial port. Does this include the fsbl, atf and uboot info too? Or just linux boot log?

What is in your boot.bin? What petalinux-package command are you using?

If just the linux serial info, then can you post the bootargs?

If seeing nothing at all, can you share hdf. Also, can you create an SDK project using this HDF and do a hello world

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was able to resolve the issue. The problem was with the MIO pin numbers for the respective IO. My UART pin numbers were not the right ones. Once i updated that i was able to see the serial output. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Regards,
SKa

View solution in original post