cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phx7777

Zynq 7000 bitstream encryption property not supported

Jump to solution

Section 6.3.6 of the Zynq-7000 TRM (UG585 v1.8.1) says that we can use XIP for SMC NOR, however:

1. when I use bootgen to make BOOT.bin I get an error "Execution Address of FSBL is out of Linear QSPI range in XIP mode" which is correct because my FSBL is in the SMC range. Why doesn't bootgen make a BOOT.bin file for me without error?

This is my boot.bif file:

boot_image:
   {
   [init] etc/boot-reg-init.int
   [bootloader,xip_mode] build/fsbl.elf // 1st partition, first stage boot loader
   build/ssbl.elf // 2nd partition, second stage boot loader
   }

2. So I removed ",xip_mode" from the boot.bif file, make BOOT.bin, then set both the Image Length and Total Image Length to zero in BOOT.bin (and fix the checksum). Boot fails and I get undocumented BootROM Error Code 0x2104. What does that error code mean?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@phx7777 We released an AR on this

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69505.html

Bootgen XIP file generation for NOR issue is fixed in 2017.3. Hope this helps.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

Have you read:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60803.html

?

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
phx7777

Yes, that applies to QSPI interface to NOR, but not the SMC interface to (parallel) NOR that I am using. Thanks.

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar
Yes this is a bug in the bootgen, Could you please create a SR on this if you have access to Service Request? if not, please update here. I will find other means to share a patch.
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@phx7777 We released an AR on this

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69505.html

Bootgen XIP file generation for NOR issue is fixed in 2017.3. Hope this helps.

-Pratham

View solution in original post

phx7777

Pratham, thank you very much. And sorry about the subject line; I'll make a more relevant one next time I have an issue.

0 Kudos