UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bob_w
Visitor

Zynq Ultrascale+ Minimum Power Supplies for PMU

Jump to solution

We have a complex system with multiple FPGAs, one of which is a Zynq ZU7EV.  I am working on the power system which is to say the least is complex.  We have decided to use PMBus controlled supplies to help with managing the power system including sequencing, telemetry, fault logging, etc.

I would like to use the PMU in the PS low power region to interface with and control the supplies through the PMBus.  It seems that is what it is meant for.  I am trying to find the minimum number of supplies that are needed to have a functional PMU and I2C bus (connected to the PMBus of the supplies).  I know the PMU is within the low power domain, but have read that the PMU can power up and down the RPU.  Ideally I would have a small auxiliary supply powering the PMU and PMBus, and then have the code in the PMU enable in proper sequence and set the voltage of the system supplies.

I have searched for an answer in the documentation and on here with no luck, any help or a pointer would surely be appreciated!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor bob_w
Visitor

Re: Zynq Ultrascale+ Minimum Power Supplies for PMU

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I understand now.  Need all LP domain supplies for PMU!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @bob_w

I hope below wiki will give the suspend/resume sequence along with minimum required power transition for the same.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842181/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Power+Off+Suspend

Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor bob_w
Visitor

Jump to solution

That article refers to a DevKit that uses a MSP430 system controller.  We do not have a system controller, I would like the PMU to sequence and monitor the various supplies that we have on our board.  What are the minimum power supply rails I need to power up the PMU function?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The Low Power Domain needs to be up and running properly.

I took this from DS925.

VCC_PSINTLP

VCC_PSAUX, VCC_PSADC, and VCC_PSPLL in any order or simultaneously.

VCCO_PSIO

0 Kudos
Visitor bob_w
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I understand now.  Need all LP domain supplies for PMU!

0 Kudos