Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

Zynq require to program FPGA

Jump to solution

1) I'm using the ZCU106 development board that has the ZYNQ Ultrascale+ FPGA. Since my design is PL logic only, do I still need to include the Zynq into my design in order to Flash the QSPI device?

2) secondly, when testing the FPGA via JTAG, since downloading the PL logic bitstream is directly programming the FPGA, in this case do I also need to include the ZYNQ even though I'm not using it

3) Is the IPI block design the way to include the ZYNQ and my VHDL design

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ddn

@tchin123 ,

1) I'm using the ZCU106 development board that has the ZYNQ Ultrascale+ FPGA. Since my design is PL logic only, do I still need to include the Zynq into my design in order to Flash the QSPI device?

>> Yes, FSBL is required to get configured from flash. Hence you need include Zynq processor.

2) secondly, when testing the FPGA via JTAG, since downloading the PL logic bitstream is directly programming the FPGA, in this case do I also need to include the ZYNQ even though I'm not using it

>>Directly you can generate BIT File without including Zynq and program the FPGA. Because PSU_INIT.TCL File will take care of all the initialization part.

>> IPI Flow is the way to include Zynq.

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ddn

@tchin123 ,

>> Yes, FSBL is required to get configured from flash. Hence you need include Zynq processor.

>>Directly you can generate BIT File without including Zynq and program the FPGA. Because PSU_INIT.TCL File will take care of all the initialization part.

>> IPI Flow is the way to include Zynq.

Regards,
Deepak D N
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post