Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huangk
Visitor
Visitor

Zynqmp board can not boot up to fsbl

hi , 

I have couple of boards which use zynqmp zu2 SOC, there is a wield issue, the issue happened on the boards that we recently built.

The NOR flash of board is programmed with the boot.bin correctly at ICT station.

After that, we power on the board with configure of "boot from QSPI", but board can not boot up directly from flash.

it prints out following message from serial cable, after that board hang there.

"Xilinx Zynq MP First StaÿXilinx Zynq MP FirsüXilinx Zynq MP FirsüXilinx Zynq MP Firsü" 

then, we put the jumper to configure it boot from SD card with same "BOOT.bin", after power cycle,  it can boot up normally.

then, we switch jumpers to configure it boot from QSPI flash again, after power cycle, this time, it can boot up normally.

we measured the boot mode configure jumper pins, when it can not boot up from QSPI flash, the measure result of jumper pins is as expected.

This issue happened after we start mass production( the first batch of boards, all of the boards have same issue).

but, when we test the board in the board development phase(before start mass production), we did not see this issue, that means, the BOOT.bin has no change from development phase to the phase of mass production .

Any idea about this issue?

Someone from the forum mentioned the frequency of QSPI should be configured as 125Mhz, we configure it as 300Mhz, and it worked normally, for our case, once we make it boot from SD card, we then can make it boot from QSPI, so I do not think it is frequency related.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
katsuki
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @huangk 

I don't have any particular ideas. Just to be on the safe side, I think it is important to set it to 125MHz for narrowing down the cause. Is there any change by assert the POR_B?

Thank you.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution. If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
0 Kudos