UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie basri

elf file/bit file not getting updated in vivado SDK 2017.2

Hi

I was using Vivado 2015 version. In that the software was working fine.

Recently upgraded to Vivado 2017.2 version and it is having an evaluation license for 1 month.

I am using Microblaze processor along with 4 AXI Quad SPIs and few GPIOs.

In this the changes made in the .c file of the SDK is not reflected.

New .elf file is generated and I am able to associate it with .bit and the bitsream is also getting generated but still it is taking some old elf file and because of that whatever changes I do in .c file are not getting reflected at the output.

I created new project and tried. In that also same thing is happening. Whatever code  I write in .c file has no output.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: elf file/bit file not getting updated in vivado SDK 2017.2

Hi @basri,

This issue is probably not in the .elf file but in the Hardware Platform. There is a known issue in SDK 2017.2. See AR#69489

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie bconant

Re: elf file/bit file not getting updated in vivado SDK 2017.2

Was this fixed in a later version?  I saw in another forum post that apparently it is necessary to rerun implementation for Vivado to read the new elf file.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Associate-elf-not-working/td-p/779105

In both this thread and the link above, a workaround was suggested, but I haven't heard if Vivado was fixed.  Does a newer version have a fixed version of write_bitstream that loads the new elf into the BRAM INIT strings?

0 Kudos