cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basri

elf file/bit file not getting updated in vivado SDK 2017.2

Hi

I was using Vivado 2015 version. In that the software was working fine.

Recently upgraded to Vivado 2017.2 version and it is having an evaluation license for 1 month.

I am using Microblaze processor along with 4 AXI Quad SPIs and few GPIOs.

In this the changes made in the .c file of the SDK is not reflected.

New .elf file is generated and I am able to associate it with .bit and the bitsream is also getting generated but still it is taking some old elf file and because of that whatever changes I do in .c file are not getting reflected at the output.

I created new project and tried. In that also same thing is happening. Whatever code  I write in .c file has no output.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
florentw

Hi @basri,

This issue is probably not in the .elf file but in the Hardware Platform. There is a known issue in SDK 2017.2. See AR#69489

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
bconant

Was this fixed in a later version?  I saw in another forum post that apparently it is necessary to rerun implementation for Vivado to read the new elf file.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Associate-elf-not-working/td-p/779105

In both this thread and the link above, a workaround was suggested, but I haven't heard if Vivado was fixed.  Does a newer version have a fixed version of write_bitstream that loads the new elf into the BRAM INIT strings?

0 Kudos