cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fujiajun
Contributor
Contributor

how to boot a bare metal C application from QSPI configure flash?

Jump to solution

Hi all:

I am a new on Xilinx embedded systems,  and I am confused with the kc705 QSPI boot questions.

If I want my PL design (bit stream  I have get) and Hello world  test program( a bare metal C application) both boot from the configure QSPI flash,  how should I do? I am using the vivado design suit of 2017.4, working a microblaze design on kc705 board.

I know Linux can boot from QSPI  configure flash. I am quite sure that something important I have missed .

Anything can help me great! THX ahead.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
SPI SREC Bootloader application can copy the application stored in QSPI flash into DDR/BRAM (any local memory) and run it. Please refer to https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63605.html for details.

You can also use update2mem and generate a bitstream which is a combination of bit file (generated in Vivado) and the user application file (.elf).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fujiajun
Contributor
Contributor

I remembered that in EDK, simple programs ,which could reside in the BRAM,can be imerged in bit stream file, and run from BRAM, but I could not find the function in Vivado. Does anybody know this ? Or which document should I drill in?

0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
SPI SREC Bootloader application can copy the application stored in QSPI flash into DDR/BRAM (any local memory) and run it. Please refer to https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63605.html for details.

You can also use update2mem and generate a bitstream which is a combination of bit file (generated in Vivado) and the user application file (.elf).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos