cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
engrpetero
Observer
Observer

low volume Zynq flash programming

I've looked at many posts related to 'production' Zynq7000 flash programming and have found some useful stuff (UG1208 as well as the final post in this thread by steinbruek).  I should mention I'm only using Vitis and Vivado (2019.2 versions), not ISE or the SDK.  I've been successful with...

1. From Vitis, creating, building a project, creating a Boot Image, and choosing the Xilinx->Program Flash menu item.
  2. From Vitis, pulling up the XCST console and executing a 'program_flash' command with the appropriate bin and fsbl files and desired options.

I plan to pass the task of programming small scale production to a technician.  I realize they could do either and probably be successful.  Both would require them to have Vitis on their computer - not really a big ask but takes up space nonetheless.  If I ask them to use method 1, they need to have the project loaded in the workspace which could then be modified.  So it seems method 2 is a better way to avoid possibility of unintentional project modification (screwing it up).  Are there other better methods (e.g., can XCST be run from some simpler mechanism than the full Vitis)? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
denist
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Other option would be to install Vivado HW Tools (only) and use that flow to program the flash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
engrpetero
Observer
Observer

Thanks, dentist.  I'll look into that option as well.

0 Kudos