cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Copy firmware xc2v500

hello I have a product that is no longer manufactured. Is it possible to copy the image from one to put in another component? I have 2 plates and one is damage.  xc2v500-4fgg256c.  Tankyou

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

FPGAs dont have an image in them, its stored in a "configuration device",
this could be one of many device types,

you need to find the schematic, find out how the fpga is configured, and then start a new post,
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, follow the assembly diagram. it really has a memory and an eprom. just need for a new xc2v500 on site? tankyou!

xc2v500.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Why do you say its the FPGA thats dead ?

You could check the FPGA is ok or not, by using the JTAG pins shown on the schematic.

You will need a JTAG programmer, such as the Digilent HS2.
It does mean you will have to use ISE under windows 7, or in a VM, which might be a bit of a learning curve .

There could be all sorts of other causes, what caused the board to fail ? have you checked the power supplies on the board,
does any part get hot ?
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

is shorted due to electrical discharge. I have DLC9. it works? thankful

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Do you think you an find a genuine and working chip to replace it with and do you have access to an assembly shop that can replace a BGA?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

yes I have. arrange the exchange. thankful

0 Kudos