UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie noname_123

Custom Spartan-6 board: Ethernet Hardware Co-Simulation

Hi,

I am using the Xilinx System Generator with ISE 14.7 and Matlab/Simulink to program a Spartan-6 FPGA on a custom board. 

I would like to use the Hardware Co-Simulation feature of the System Generator and establish a Point-to-Point Ethernet connection to my board. Using the 'New Compilation Target...' seems to create a JTAG interfaced block only. The GUI doesn't seem to support an Ethernet Connection to a custom board (please correct me if I am wrong!). 

Looking at the files for pre-installed targets like ML506 (ISE/sysgen/plugins/compilation/Hardware Co-Simulation/ML506/Ethernet/Point-to-point) I can see the PHY connection pins defined in the ucf file etc.

Question: Would it be possible to copy and edit these files to match my custom board ?

Best regards

Josh

0 Kudos
2 Replies

回复: Custom Spartan-6 board: Ethernet Hardware Co-Simulation

The answer is No, I would suggest to use a JTAG-based HW co-simulation, we do not have a document on building the customized ethernet-based HW co-simulation.

0 Kudos
Newbie jazzrh

Re: Custom Spartan-6 board: Ethernet Hardware Co-Simulation

Hello, I'm using Atlys board in a "FPGA in the loop" and also have the same problem with the ethernet connection, did you solve it? 

0 Kudos