cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DPRAM ISSUE

I am sending DDS output to the input of DP RAM when the WE of DPRAM is high and taking the outputs when my RDEN is high.
But some of the outputs of DPRAM are missing,They are different from the input values.
What can be the reason??

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DPRAM ISSUE

i think first you need verify the functionality of DPRAM.

Have you cross the data with respect to write and read address.

Can you please show me what you written in memory and what you reading from read port .

Please confirm if you are using Block Memory Generator core or BRAM primitive
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I havent crossed the data with respect to write and read address.
I am writing dds(7 downto 0) at the memory when the tvalid_dds is high and I am reading the same thing when the data_tready of my fft is high.
I am using simple dual port RAM for virtex-6.I am not using any ip core to generate DP Ram.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

you must need to verify the data with respect to address location. Please make sure all the control signal asserted correctly as defined in product guide

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

What are the clocks used for DDS and the DPRAM.

Check if any collisions are happening.

Refer below doc for the collision behaviour

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/blk_mem_gen_ds512.pdf

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am multiplying my DDS input at 16 MHZ to PN sequence at 64 MHz.Then sending the output through DPRAM at 64 MHz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Can you attach the simulation dump to debug the issue further.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos