UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer alexdetrano
Observer

Data Manipulation using RAM block

Hello,

I am trying to rearrange some data using RAM blocks and such.   I am trying to take a stream of data such as <d1 d2....d11457> and rearrange that into 3 streams of data.  However, they need to be in a certain order.  Such as:

<d1 d604 d1207...>

<d2 d605 d1208...>

<d3 d606 d1209...>

Concerning only the first stream:

I have tried to do this by using a single port RAM block.  I have the data going into the 'data' port.  Into the 'address' port I have a ROM block which has been initialized to a vector of [1  604 1207...11455].  The ROM block is attached to a free running counter.    The 'we' block is attached to a relational block, which has the counter being compared to a value of 3820 (the amount of DATA that I want to read out of RAM).  

On my output, I get the correct adddress locations, but the data doesn't show up.

Does anybody know how I can achieve this?  When I look at the output in MATLAB, I see the address locations in the right order, and after 3819 values, the output just holds the final value.  I want this to go to zero (as I will be applying a filter to it later). 

I have attached my model thus far. 

For data, I have been doing rand(1,11457)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos