UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xekortzio
Visitor

Differential clock in system generator

Hi,

I'm trying to make a simple design in sysgen for, I only want to run a counter and get the result by leds.

I used to program VIRTEX 5 in vhdl and I always convert the differential clock input in a signal to work with,  this time I can't find the way to configure a differential clock input in sysgen.

thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Differential clock in system generator

You need to instantinate a clock buffer, which converts differential signal to single-ended. I usually do it by managing project in ISE and instantinating SysGen design as a module, and clock buffer as the module too. Then I connect CLK lines of sysgen design in VHDL Top Module.

0 Kudos
Visitor xekortzio
Visitor

I know how to get a single-ended clk but I don't know how to connect the single end clk to the clk of the sysgen design.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I don't know how to connect the single end clk to the clk of the sysgen design.

You have to learn ISE a little bit. When you generate VHDL from Sysgen design then CLK port appears as input to your module.

0 Kudos
Visitor xekortzio
Visitor

I know that, but the problem is that if I add only the 2 VHDL files which are generated by sysgen, is not working I have errors about clk_(and a lot of numbers). If I open as a project is also possible to change it?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

You have to create a Top level VHDL Module, where you instantinate Sysgen and Clock buffer modules, using ther instatntination templates. Then you connect CLK lines using signals and generate constraints files.

ISE has functionality to include whole Sysgen - e.g you can open it from ISE in MATLAB.

0 Kudos
Visitor xekortzio
Visitor

I've got it! thanks!!

0 Kudos

hello xekortzio i am working on same thing but with different application, i am also facing same problem regarding feeding clock to counter, can u help me how you debug this 

thanx

aman

0 Kudos

did u get ur problem solved, i am new i dealing with this from last month and nt able to crack it 

0 Kudos