Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

EDK Pcore Export with FSL bus connection

Jump to solution

Hello.
I have a question. I want to use System Generator as a Pcore for Microblaze project in EDK.
I use From Register and To Register blocks to access Pcore from Microblaze and FSL bus to connect Pcore to Microblaze in EDK project.
I export my design like a pcore, I create e new XPS project, I replace the pcore generated by XPS by the pcore denerated by SysGen, I write my softwares, and I don't obtain the right values...

Do you know if I've made an error?

Do you have documents relating to export a pcore from SysGen to XPS?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you, in fact, it works using configure coprocessor. My error was I used the create peripheral tool and then, I try to integrate my core... and it's easier because I just have to copy the directory of my pcore generated by SysGen in the directory pcores of EDK...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

In the Sysgen 10.1 users guide there is a section titled "Hardware/Software Co-Design in System Generator" that discusses exporting a Sysgen design as a pcore.

RJ Duran
Customer Application Engineer
Technical Support: http://www.xilinx.com/support
Xilinx User Community: http://forums.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes, thanks,

I try to do the example "rgb2gray", I've made all the instructions, but i want to connect my pcore with FSL links. So, in the EDK processor, i've checked the option "FSL". Then, I've created an EDK project in XPS, I've added my softwares, created the FSL links, but I always have 0 for the output! and I don't understand why! Can you help me? I enclose my C files and a print of my terminal,

Thank you!

print.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Just one thing. did you use "configure coprocessor"  in the hardware menu from EDK? If you haven't, try it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you, in fact, it works using configure coprocessor. My error was I used the create peripheral tool and then, I try to integrate my core... and it's easier because I just have to copy the directory of my pcore generated by SysGen in the directory pcores of EDK...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
in the example ur discussing if suppose i ahev taken an fractional values like red 1.134356366, green 2.5.8999, blue 2.989845, how can i process? In this example variables are not n array if suppose can i procees in the form of array? please tell me  Iam eagerly waiting for ur reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi!

If I understand what you want to say, you want to obtain fractional values in your terminal... I'm not an expert, but I think it's impossible. Open a new discussion in the forum about the format of your data.

If you want to contact me about this example, send me a message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
can u explain how to pass a values in an array instead of passing the values in a for loop for  r,g ,b  values . If i passing array of values is it required fifo coan u please explain this issue
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I  Got an error when iam doing the core connecting in EDK The  FSL_core in above said example is taken , i use the option configure coproccesor also it seems to be reading gives an error only any connections I have to change or again import peripheral sholuld be used please give me any soltion

Thank you

0 Kudos