Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
costan
Visitor
Visitor

Error using Divide block in System Generator

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm trying to use the "Divide" block in System Generator in order to perform the reciprocal of a fixed-point value. I set the "1" value as dividend with same number of bit and binary point of the divisor. I also set the output fraction width for the output with the same value that I have for the input.

I don't receive any error when I refresh the model, but I got this message when I try to run the simulation:
"ERROR: [Ipptcl 7-5] XIT evaluation error: Invalid file name: c:/Users/CTaglialatela/AppData/Local/Temp/xlsim5304f571/hdl_netlist/xelab.srcs/sources_1/ip/div_gen_v5_1_1/div_gen_v5_1_1_ooc.xdc"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
costan
Visitor
Visitor

I solved the problem by setting TEMP and TMP in the environment variables as "C:\Temp"

The path had no blank spaces and it wasn't that long, but anyway this was the problem.

Thank you very much for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
You might try clearing your sysgen cache to force it to re-generate the data for each core (and hopefully resolve the missing dependency)

xlCache('clearall')
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

Hi bwiec,

I followed your suggestion, I used the command "xilinx.environment.getcachepath" and then manually cleaned the folder (xlCache results deprecated for my version). I get the same message and I can't run the simulation.

I am using Matlab 2013b and Vivado System Edition 2013.4 with the free 30 days license. Is the problem due to a limitation on the trial license?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hmm I don't think that should be a problem. Is it possible to post your model and I'll give it a try?
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

Hi bwiec,

I receive the error even with very simple models, like the one in attachment.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, I just noticed that I have the same error with DSP48 Macro. I don't think it is an installation problem because I get the same error on 3 different computers, all running with the trial license. One of these 3 computers was provided with 2 different versions of Vivado. I don't know what is happening.

0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

Other news: I installed a permanent license and I get the same error. Definitely, this is not a license problem.

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
This seems bug with divider block and can fix in the Vivado 2014.1 release
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

Are you sure? Because I attended the Xilinx DSP Design course and we used Vivado 2013.3, models with DSP48 blocks were perfectly working. Now I have another computer with 2013.3 version installed and the same models don't run, returning the same error that I receive with the Divider block.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, Matlab R2013b 64bit and both Vivado 2013.3 and 2013.4. Could this be a mismatch of software versions? I don't remember which version of Matlab and Windows we used for the course.

0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

I solved the problem by setting TEMP and TMP in the environment variables as "C:\Temp"

The path had no blank spaces and it wasn't that long, but anyway this was the problem.

Thank you very much for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
The recommendation is to invoke sysgen from sysgen token from installation directory. You can avoid such error if you invoke sysgen token correctly
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
costan
Visitor
Visitor

I always did this (with Run as Administrator on Sysgen icon) and it didn't work anyway.

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
do you have multiply Vivado/ISE version on your machine. Environment variable should set correctly with installation. We also provide settings64.bat file . you can just run the batch file it will set environment variable correctly
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
0 Kudos