Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Error while using "EDK Processor" with "Dual Clocks"

Hello

I'm trying to import an EDK Processor in my Simulink model. Therefore I created a simple MicroBlaze processor using the BSB wizard in XPS. In Simulink I added an "EDK Processor"-block, selected "HDL netlisting" and imported the XPS project. Until here everything worked fine.

The processor is configured for a frequency of 62.5 MHz. Everything else should run at 125 MHz. Therefor I activated the "Dual Clocks" option in the "Implementation" tab of the "EDK Processor" block. This has to be done for this setup, if I understand this correctly.

But if I hit "Apply" after activating "Dual Clocks" this arror appears:

Error using ==> xlWriteToMaskHandler at 119

An error was encountered when generating the memory maps

Error using ==> xBlock at 504

A new block named 'EDKTest/EDK Processor/xps_clk' cannot be added

Please attend to the error, and re-sync the memories with the processor

by selecting "sync memories" in the pop-up menu when you right-click on

the Memory Maps list.

I didn't add any shared memory/reg/fifo blocks in this model.

I'm working with the ISE Design Suite 11.2 on WindowsXP.

Does anybody know anything about this error and has a suggestion what I could do?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Anybody any idea?

I'm using Matlab 7.7.0 (R2008b) by the way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Please take a look at the information in help : EDK Processor block automatically generates a Sharedmemory-based Memory MAP interface. Dual Clock option is based on Shared Memory. Without Shared memory,System Generator design doesn't support Asyn designs.That's why it errors out with the second clock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank your for your answer.

I tried both adding two "To FIFO/From FIFO"-blocks and adding a "Shared Memory"-Block into the design. I added them to the "Memory Map"  before importing the EDK Processor. But when I activate the "Dual Clock"-optionand hit "Apply" I still get an error:

Error using ==> xlProcBlockImportAction at 91
Error with constructing block:
Error using ==> xBlock at 504
A new block named 'DualClock/EDK Processor/xps_clk' cannot be added.

I even tried putting the "EDK Processor"-block into a subsystem, but it had the same result.

I have the feeling I'm missing something very simple here, do you or somebody else have another suggestion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos