UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor vetinari
Visitor

Error while using "EDK Processor" with "Dual Clocks"

Hello

I'm trying to import an EDK Processor in my Simulink model. Therefore I created a simple MicroBlaze processor using the BSB wizard in XPS. In Simulink I added an "EDK Processor"-block, selected "HDL netlisting" and imported the XPS project. Until here everything worked fine.

The processor is configured for a frequency of 62.5 MHz. Everything else should run at 125 MHz. Therefor I activated the "Dual Clocks" option in the "Implementation" tab of the "EDK Processor" block. This has to be done for this setup, if I understand this correctly.

But if I hit "Apply" after activating "Dual Clocks" this arror appears:

Error using ==> xlWriteToMaskHandler at 119

An error was encountered when generating the memory maps

Error using ==> xBlock at 504

A new block named 'EDKTest/EDK Processor/xps_clk' cannot be added

Please attend to the error, and re-sync the memories with the processor

by selecting "sync memories" in the pop-up menu when you right-click on

the Memory Maps list.

I didn't add any shared memory/reg/fifo blocks in this model.

I'm working with the ISE Design Suite 11.2 on WindowsXP.

Does anybody know anything about this error and has a suggestion what I could do?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor vetinari
Visitor

Re: Error while using "EDK Processor" with "Dual Clocks"

Anybody any idea?

I'm using Matlab 7.7.0 (R2008b) by the way.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Please take a look at the information in help : EDK Processor block automatically generates a Sharedmemory-based Memory MAP interface. Dual Clock option is based on Shared Memory. Without Shared memory,System Generator design doesn't support Asyn designs.That's why it errors out with the second clock.

0 Kudos
Visitor vetinari
Visitor

Thank your for your answer.

I tried both adding two "To FIFO/From FIFO"-blocks and adding a "Shared Memory"-Block into the design. I added them to the "Memory Map"  before importing the EDK Processor. But when I activate the "Dual Clock"-optionand hit "Apply" I still get an error:

Error using ==> xlProcBlockImportAction at 91
Error with constructing block:
Error using ==> xBlock at 504
A new block named 'DualClock/EDK Processor/xps_clk' cannot be added.

I even tried putting the "EDK Processor"-block into a subsystem, but it had the same result.

I have the feeling I'm missing something very simple here, do you or somebody else have another suggestion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos