UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

FFT 8.0 Design Example

Jump to solution

I'm a beginner with FFT ip core and I don't know where to start my design flow. Do we have any design example here on Xilinx documentation library? 

And one more thing, is FFT 8.0 ip core compatible with Zynq 7000 family?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: FFT 8.0 Design Example

Jump to solution
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

There is a demo provided with sysgen. Also, the core comes with a demo testbench that you can use to easily simulate the core to begin experimenting.

Yes, FFT v8.0 supports zynq. You can verify this by opening coregen, highlighting the FFT core, and selecting 'Supported Families'

Also, make sure you study the datasheet:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ds808_xfft.pdf

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your support!

0 Kudos
Participant hacmachdien
Participant

Jump to solution

Hello again, I followed the blog that you recommended for me and I got some initial results along with several concerns.

real part.PNG

FFT 8.0 (above) vs Matlab fft function (below)

imaginary part.PNG

FFT 8.0 Imaginary part (above) vs Matlab fft function (below)

As you can see, the imaginary part is pretty much the same but the real part is wildly different. As the matter of fact, I can replicate the source signal by using matlab IFFT function with matlab FFT function's results. Is it normal? Can I reconstruct the signal using IFFT 8.0 (which is almost the same with FFT 8.0) and FFT 8.0 results above?

Moreover, why does it take FFT 8.0 about 0.5s to get the results?

wave scope.PNG

Sorry to bother you this much :D. I have my own Xilinx technical support for the Zynq board but they are not very helpful.

0 Kudos

Re: FFT Blocks in EDK 12.1

Jump to solution

hi everybody, I work in EDK 12.1 and i want to make a simple project at signal processing with FFT blocks and downloaded an FPGA board (virtex 5 xc5vlx110t) but I haven't the arithmitic blocks or something that refert to the FFT blocks in my interface EDK xilinix 12.1 ; please if someone have any opinion about this I appreciate his help.
thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Visitor shishirsk
Visitor

Jump to solution
hello sir/maam
I am a student working on the Xilinx fft core and I am unable to test the working of the core in the single point precision(IEEE 754) format. I have created a master and slave module to feed data and receive it. It has been succesfully burned into a zybo fpga but no output is seen through the ILA core. Kindly suggest an example to test the working of the core by burning inside a FPGA.
0 Kudos