Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

FIR Filter input

Jump to solution

Hi, I am new to xilinx and i created Bandstop filter using FDATool and implemented it on Spartan 6. However, I need to put input which has a monotone and noise and filter it out at the output. How can I put the input? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
with FPGA you can only do DSP. I mean you can process data in digital domain. For that you must have data avaialble in digtal format.

1. You can use any FPGA with ADC/DAC interface. You can apply your input from ADC, Process in FPGA and output for DAC observed in Scope.

2. In case if you don't have FPGA baord with ADC/DAC interface. use sysgen for hardware co-simulation. In hardware co-simulation you can use simulink source for sending the data into FPGA through JTAG and observe output again in scope with JTAG.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

May be you can try band limited white noise block, please check its help for details

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

So sorry that I didn't mention it properly. I need input from an equipment (mix a tone with 50Hz/60Hz noise) and connect it to the fpga board to filter the noise out and then show the output in the oscilloscope.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
with FPGA you can only do DSP. I mean you can process data in digital domain. For that you must have data avaialble in digtal format.

1. You can use any FPGA with ADC/DAC interface. You can apply your input from ADC, Process in FPGA and output for DAC observed in Scope.

2. In case if you don't have FPGA baord with ADC/DAC interface. use sysgen for hardware co-simulation. In hardware co-simulation you can use simulink source for sending the data into FPGA through JTAG and observe output again in scope with JTAG.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos