UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor active92
Visitor

FIR Filter input

Jump to solution

Hi, I am new to xilinx and i created Bandstop filter using FDATool and implemented it on Spartan 6. However, I need to put input which has a monotone and noise and filter it out at the output. How can I put the input? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: FIR Filter input

Jump to solution
with FPGA you can only do DSP. I mean you can process data in digital domain. For that you must have data avaialble in digtal format.

1. You can use any FPGA with ADC/DAC interface. You can apply your input from ADC, Process in FPGA and output for DAC observed in Scope.

2. In case if you don't have FPGA baord with ADC/DAC interface. use sysgen for hardware co-simulation. In hardware co-simulation you can use simulink source for sending the data into FPGA through JTAG and observe output again in scope with JTAG.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

May be you can try band limited white noise block, please check its help for details

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Visitor active92
Visitor

Jump to solution

So sorry that I didn't mention it properly. I need input from an equipment (mix a tone with 50Hz/60Hz noise) and connect it to the fpga board to filter the noise out and then show the output in the oscilloscope.  

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
with FPGA you can only do DSP. I mean you can process data in digital domain. For that you must have data avaialble in digtal format.

1. You can use any FPGA with ADC/DAC interface. You can apply your input from ADC, Process in FPGA and output for DAC observed in Scope.

2. In case if you don't have FPGA baord with ADC/DAC interface. use sysgen for hardware co-simulation. In hardware co-simulation you can use simulink source for sending the data into FPGA through JTAG and observe output again in scope with JTAG.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos