cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myhui

FIR compiler generated filter : Does coefficient reload happen for every filter tap at the same time?

After I write in a new coefficient set, and trigger a synchronization event, is every tap's coefficient updated at the same time, in the mathematical sense?

I am concerned that the systolic implementation introduces a one clock cycle skew in how each tap is computed, hence the new coefficients applied to each multiplier must be similarly skewed in time as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
meherp

Yes, all the cofficient will be udpated simultaneously. 

/ 7\7     Meher Krishna Patel, PhD
\ \        Senior Product Application Engineer, Xilinx
/ /        
\_\/\7   It is not so much that you are within the cosmos as that the cosmos is within you...
0 Kudos
myhui

What do I need to write to the CONFIG channel as shown in Figure 3-4 if I am running a super sample rate of 2, and the input and output sample rates are the same?

There is no interleave, hence no need to specify an interleave pattern.

Here are the pertinent lines from my .xci file:

<spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="MODELPARAM_VALUE.C_COEF_PATH_WIDTHS">24,24</spirit:configurableElementValue>

<spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="MODELPARAM_VALUE.C_DATA_PATH_WIDTHS">17,17</spirit:configurableElementValue>

<spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="MODELPARAM_VALUE.C_OUTPUT_WIDTH">44</spirit:configurableElementValue>

<spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="MODELPARAM_VALUE.C_LATENCY">16</spirit:configurableElementValue>

<spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.Clock_Frequency">480</spirit:configurableElementValue>

<spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.Sample_Frequency">960</spirit:configurableElementValue>

0 Kudos