Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

FIR core doesn't use reload coefficients

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am working with a single channel FIR core with reloadable coefficients to create correlation. I have a problem that it only works with the coefficients in "Coefficient vector" of the core. it  doesn't use the reload coefficients that I give to the core!. I have generated all the timings for config port correctly. I am using Vivado 2020.2

I would appreciate any help

Thanks,
Hossein
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

I could eventually find the root cause of this problem. I was configuring and using the reloadable FIR filter inappropriately. I was applying Config, then used to reload coefficients. And, this is false!. The correct routine comes below:

1. Reloading the coefficients
  2. Applying filter Config vector. Or, writing filter Config in the case of port for configuration
  3. Give some time to the core to initialize every necessary things. I delayed something equal to NUM_FILTER_COEFF clock cycles

That is all needed to work with FIR in reloadable coefficients mode.

Thanks,
Hossein

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

I suggest putting an ILA on the reload and configuration interfaces and watch the reload process.  Make sure ready is high as you reload and that you send a configuration packet to tell the filter to switch sets.

0 Kudos
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt answer. I have done the simulation and everything is fine there. I don't have access to hardware to use Chipscope. Anyway, I see in the simulation it is not working. So, no need to go further. I have to solve it here in simulation.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

I think I need to clarify something about my above comment. Regarding simulation, I can see that every signaling of AXI for config is correct. In spite of correct signaling of AXI_CONFIG I don't see those coefficients take into effect.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

Hi all,

Isn't there anybody here with experience in "reloadable FIR coefficients" implementation? I am running out of time for this piece of work.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

I could eventually find the root cause of this problem. I was configuring and using the reloadable FIR filter inappropriately. I was applying Config, then used to reload coefficients. And, this is false!. The correct routine comes below:

1. Reloading the coefficients
  2. Applying filter Config vector. Or, writing filter Config in the case of port for configuration
  3. Give some time to the core to initialize every necessary things. I delayed something equal to NUM_FILTER_COEFF clock cycles

That is all needed to work with FIR in reloadable coefficients mode.

Thanks,
Hossein

View solution in original post

0 Kudos