cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saad017
Visitor
Visitor

Fixed point

Hello, can anyone tell me how to use fixed point and also floating point adder, multiplier and divider IP's in Vivado 2020.1, I want to use these IP's in my project work. Can anyone guide me in detail please? And by the way I am using Verilog  in Vivado.

Thank You

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nathanx

Find the IP in the Vivado IP catalog, set the parameters, then generate the IP, instantiate the IP in your design. For more details, take a look at the IP product guide.

Saad017
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, i tried but i am not able to get output as decimal value, the value is getting round and i am getting some integer value instead of decimal value. 

0 Kudos
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

I am not sure if you understand, or not, but on the chance that you do not, type "2s compliment" and "fixed point" into your favorite search engine.  It seems you might, unless I am misreading the situation, not understand binary number, and relationship between a string of bits and significance we apply to them. 

If am I off base, I apologize. 

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Unappreciated answers get deleted, unappreciative OPs get put on ignored list ***
0 Kudos
deekshad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Saad017 
For floating point operations, you can use the floating-point IP from the IP catalog. 

0 Kudos
Saad017
Visitor
Visitor

Yes I did the same but after that also I am not able to get decimal values at the output, so can you help can you elaborate ? 

0 Kudos
deekshad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi
You can pass the output from one floating point ip to other one. In the second floating point ip, you can choose the float to fixed option.

Regards Deeksha

efme.PNG
0 Kudos