UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Frequncy Modulating a clock

Hi,

I explored XIlinx IP for DDS, and am able to get 2 different frequncies (samples) based on the input clock. But what I want is to modulate the clock itself. Is there a way I can modulate (FM) a clock using DDS or otherwise? So basically the pulse width of clock will keep on varying based on the output of the FM. So if the frequncy is increasing the pulse width of clock will keep on increasing, and when the frequency  decreases the pulse width would reduce. 

I will appreciate your suggestions to move in this direction. 

Rgrds,

Heshsham

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Frequncy Modulating a clock

Acatually I made a mistake in stating my question. So basically when I say I have to modulate the clock it means, the  clock duratation will  chnage based on a sine wave. So when the amplitude of sine wave increase, the clock period should increase, similarly when the amplitude of sine wave decreases,  the duration of the clcok would start decreasing and so on... 

0 Kudos