UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to generate a FFT without AXI interface, just for the PL usage, on ZCu102?

Hello,

I want to use a FFT module, in the PL. So just as before we were able to generate it with Core Generator for Virtex 5 falimy, for example. I don't want a FFT IP core 9.1, with AXI interface, but the one with normal inputs (In_real, In_imag, etc). I am using a ZCU102 board.

Thanks,

Cristi

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: How to generate a FFT without AXI interface, just for the PL usage, on ZCu102?

All the IPs are based on the AXI interface. This allows easy interfacing between different IPs.

You can not use the FFT IP without AXI interface now. 

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: How to generate a FFT without AXI interface, just for the PL usage, on ZCu102?

If i remember, these use the streaming AXI interface,
If you turn of the flow control in the IP, I think its called real time, then basically you just have data with an enable / valid signal.
which I think is as per before, ,,
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry, but maybe i am missing something. I can't find the settings you mentioned (i.e., 'to turn off the flow control in the IP'.

Can you please be more specific?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

If I remember....

on the implimentation tab of the fft, ( or something similarly named )

you can select betwene real time and none real time throttle control ( or something similar named )

Throtle contoled , is the AXI port Valid / ready flags , that contorl the flow of bursty data through the core,

You dont want that, your data is always there and cna always be taken at the end,

so no need for real time control, just stream it in .

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Scholar dgisselq
Scholar

There is an open source FFT generator you might consider as well.  It doesn't have nearly all the bells and whistles of LogiCore's IP, you you might find that's what you are looking for.

Dan

0 Kudos