UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant kumarkk
Participant

How to implement Multiband Bandpass Filter using Single FIR compiler v7.2 Core

Hello,

I wish to implement Bandpass filter with Variable Bandwidth (like 16k, 32k, 64k and so on). I have filter coefficients for various bandwidth. I have Vivado 2015 with FIR compiler v7.2. I wish to use Multiple band BPF co-coefficients into single IP. please guide for various step required to build such Filter.

Thank you.

xili.JPG
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to implement Multiband Bandpass Filter using Single FIR compiler v7.2 Core

You either use 'Multiple Coefficient Set' option or 'Use Reloadable Coefficients.'
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Participant kumarkk
Participant

Re: How to implement Multiband Bandpass Filter using Single FIR compiler v7.2 Core

Hello,

How to select different bands of filter which I/o Pin is used to select different band. i wish to implement bpf with 6 different bands how do i select different bands. please provide example if possible or any other help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You select different bands with different coefficient sets. So you'd write some logic to decide which coefficients to use based on your IO activity and use the reload or config interface to change them as necessary.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Participant kumarkk
Participant

Hello, 

I have designed system with FIR Compiler V7.2 also attach required logic so that coefficients can be feed from Distributed Memory ROM to the FIR compiler. Whenever i wish to reload data to FIP ip i apply active high at reload_tvalid_signal and applied reload_tlast as soon as my all coefficients are all loaded. I try to check reponse at output of FIR compiler but with all different coefficients FIR output remains same. will you please figure out my mistake.

Thank you

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Can you post some screenshots of the simulation waveforms?

After reloading, you need to send a packet on the config interface to commit those changes. Did you do that?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Participant kumarkk
Participant

Hello,

I have implemented 2 filters each with 347 coefficients which are reloaded at start of system by using Channel selection mux.I have given same input to both filters but response remains same both for low pass and high pass i guess coefficients are reloaded. Please check simulation images and correct my mistake.

Thank You @ bwiec

Channel 2 output.png
channel_1 selected op.jpeg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It looks to me like config_tvalid is high forever. You don't want to do that. Just one clock cycle pulse when you've finished reloading and before you send data.

See the datasheet for FIR Compiler for details.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor liuzl
Visitor

I have the similar trouble when using the FIR IP V7.2,I have tried to select filter coefficients set but it seemed not working, and my IP setings and simulation waveforms are as follows

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
7.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor liuzl
Visitor

waiting for your help! Thank you!
0 Kudos