UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor enprevo
Visitor

How to use AXI-Stream in System Generator Design?

Hi,

I'm having a big problem with AXI Stream in SysGen Tool ( and also in Model Composer).

I've already read the tutorials and previous message in this forum, but I don't understand the workflow.

Is there anyone that can tell me simply HOW to configure an AXI Stream ? 
I understand I have to put three signals named using the same prefix, but when I export this in Vivado, It doesn't work and port is not an AXI Stream.

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: How to use AXI-Stream in System Generator Design?

Which tutorials did you read?

Mike
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@enprevo

In the Gateway In, please ensure you set interface type to AXI4-Stream, the interface type isn't AXI4-Stream in the screenshot, but it shows you where to set the correct type.I can't remember since which version sysgen starts to support AXI- Stream. If you don't see this option, please upgrade your Sysgen version to the latest v2018.1

Capture.JPG

In the meantime, please take a look at AXI4-Stream Support in System Generator section (page 98 and onwards)

of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug897-vivado-sysgen-user.pdf

0 Kudos
Visitor enprevo
Visitor

Thank you so much. I'll try to set them up in the next days!

0 Kudos
Visitor enprevo
Visitor

I'm sorry but there's no AXI-STREAM Option in System Generator 2018.1 .... so the problem is unresolved.

0 Kudos

Is there an interface option like this?

xilinx.com:interface:axis rtl:1.0

Use this one. 

0 Kudos
Scholar brimdavis
Scholar

@enprevo  "I'm sorry but there's no AXI-STREAM Option in System Generator 2018.1 .... so the problem is unresolved."

If you are using the SysGen "IP Catalog" export flow, AXI streams will be automatically inferred from gateway names of the form:

stream_name_tdata

stream_name_tvalid

stream_name_tlast

etc.

See page 98 of UG948 2018.1 .

-Brian

p.s. I've done this successfully using the "IP Catalog" flow in 2016.x and 2017.x,  but haven't personally checked that it is still working in 2018.1.

EDIT: Make sure the "Auto Infer Interface" checkbox is selected under System Generator Icon=>Compilation(IP Catalog)=>Settings.

0 Kudos
Participant caccolillo
Participant

0 Kudos