Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

IIR in System Generator

Jump to solution

hello

what block in system generator we could use to implement an IIR filter?

regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

im using fdatool of matlab not xilinx ( just type fdatool in matlab), fixed-point toolbox is a part of matlab (not xilinx software) its an optional toolbox that should be installed, samething for simulink model designer,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hi, 

An iir low-pass filter could be built by adder, multiplier and delay (register) . I think other types of iir filter such as high-pass can also be implemented by the blocks mentioned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that what I have done, generate the simulink version by using FDATool and convert it manually  to Xilinx blockset version. Hope xilinx will introduce IIR filter in futur versions...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

its a bit old now but have a look at http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/white_papers/wp330.pdf

What you can do to get yourself started is to use the FDAtool to create an simulink implementation of the IIR and then use tools like sysgen to recreate the simulink model so you can always compare the sysgen design with simulink model. Also gives you a comparison between  your decisions you make for the number of bits and the simulink model.

regards

Mike

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I am trying to develop iir filter using xilinx block set. I designed iir cheby 1 filter using fda tool from that i got sos and using [b,a]=sos2tf(sos) i got num and den then i used this num and den again in same fda tool but i am not grtting the exact response as i was getting by using sos . please tell me how did u develop the iir filter 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I am trying to develop iir filter using xilinx block set. I designed iir cheby 1 filter using fda tool from that i got sos and using [b,a]=sos2tf(sos) i got num and den then i used this num and den again in same fda tool but i am not grtting the exact response as i was getting by using sos . please tell me how did u develop the iir filter 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ive used the fdatool of matlab to generate fixed point model the  generate  simulink model  afterward replicate the simulink model by using the system generator blockset, i ve joint presentation that shows those steps, hope it helps

Presentation1.jpg
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

how to install that fixed point tool for fda tool which is to convert filter to fixed point

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

and also that tool to generate simulink model using basic elements. I did not see any such options in the fda tool which i am using.so please help me out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

im using fdatool of matlab not xilinx ( just type fdatool in matlab), fixed-point toolbox is a part of matlab (not xilinx software) its an optional toolbox that should be installed, samething for simulink model designer,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

thanks a lot iir filter is working fine . and is it required to convert the coefficients to fixed point?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

my project is stuck up at the end where i need to do cross-correlation of the two signals ie transmitted and received signal. so plz help me guys tell how to do cross-correlation by using xilinx blockset . 

waiting for your reply

mahadev

0 Kudos