UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lafuan
Visitor

Image processing using XSG Timing Result

Hiii 

im new in DSP, and working in my final project: "comparasion in DSP for image grayscale in fpga and raspberry pi"

and my question is.... how can i see the process time from my RGB image processed to grayscale image?

i mean this exclude the pre processing and post processing after and before xilinx block

if i do the hardware cosimulation, simulink  only show the simulation which is 262144.000 which is same as my image resolution is 512*512

and what if i generate timing and power analysis from token generator? what does this generate?

Thanks for helping, you will be Appreciated

sorry for ma bad engrish

i attach the model file i use

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Image processing using XSG Timing Result

You can calculate the simulation run time of a model in Simulink with the MATLAB functions TIC and TOC.  The best way to do this is with a script which runs the TIC command, then simulates the model in question and then runs TOC to get the total run time.

Here is an example of an m-script that could be used assuming the model in question is called my_model.mdl:

initTime=0;            % calcuate initialization/download time by running tic / toc with a sim length of 0
                                % note that initialization only occurs the first time running a sim after opening or making changes

disp('calcuating simulation time')
tic
sim('nodefect')

TotalTime=toc
SimTime_minus_init = TotalTime - initTime

- I hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor lafuan
Visitor

TotalTime and SimTime_minus_init is showing the exact same result. is that how it should be? and is the result showed is second?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

try this script

close all;
clear all;

initTime=0;            % calcuate initialization/download time by running tic / toc with a sim length of 0
                                % note that initialization only occurs the first time running a sim after opening or making changes

disp('calcuating simulation time')
tic
nodefect

TotalTime=toc
SimTime_minus_init = TotalTime - initTime

I got this results

>> timecalc
calcuating simulation time

TotalTime =

SimTime_minus_init =

>>

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
tt.jpg
0 Kudos
Visitor lafuan
Visitor

yeah, but it should be the processing time in FPGA is much faster than the the simulink simulation? in this journal the processing time in FPGA is like 30ms. how to obtain that data?

0 Kudos