UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing DDC on CPLDs

Hi,

The have an ADC sampling at 37.4MSps and I want to fed this data into a DSP for real-time baseband processing. However, I need an interface between the ADC and DSP to digitally down converter the bandwidth of interest (Fs/4 = 9.35MHz) to baseband, so the DSP processing load is reduced. I'll use a NCO generating a signal at Fs/4 - 9.35MHz, also generating I and Q. This shouldn't need too many resources.

I'm looking for a low cost solution (rather than using FPGA) and I am wondering if a DDC can easily be implemented by a CPLD? There doesn't seem to be many resources online for this. 

Kindest regards,

Les.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Implementing DDC on CPLDs

DDC core is not supported for CPLD.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos