UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Is there a slick way to normalize filter output?

I am using the FIR compiler filter to create a Hilbert Transform of a real signal so I can have an I and Q.  The Q signal is MUCH weaker than the I and I thought I better try to compensate for it by multiplying by 4.5 (the value <<<2 plus the value >>>2).  This works, but only for one input power level.  

As I vary my test tone in, it seems like the output is slightly different.  Is there a smart way to go about normalizign this so that the I and Q are operating at least roughly in the same signal level range?

The values I am dealing with are signed 12bit values.  Maybe me changing the coefficients in my filter would help?  Currently they are set to:

-1819,0,-1696,0,-5199,0,5199,0,1696,0,1819

I set the passband to be 0.0 -0.5 and the stop band to be 0.5 to 1.0.  Maybe I need to tweak something there?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos