Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gyaneshwar3
Observer
Observer

JTAG Hardware cosimulation help for XC7A35T -arty board

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have added board xml files from "https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/software/tutorials/vivado-board-files/start", except system generator, board is able to connect and is programmble in vivado, SDK, ISE impact. After following the steps given in USER guides by xilinx, still system generator displays message "could not find JTAG device xc7a35ti",i have one more doubt regarding a file in xml {C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\sysgen\xml\jtagcosim_gui.xml} named as "jtagcosim_gui.xml" as shown below, should i edit them for connect it to through JTAG.

xil2.PNG

xil.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gyaneshwar3
Observer
Observer

Hi, 

I have edited board.xml and part0_pin.xml files according to arty FPGA part and Hardware Co-simulation is working.

Thank you for your support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please make sure you are using supported version of tools . 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55830.html

Pleae make sure  to invoke sysgen with clicking sysgen token

You can try with modifying the design . It should be fine  

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
gyaneshwar3
Observer
Observer

Thank you for your reply, I am using supported versions, OS: Windows 8, Matlab 2016b, vivado 2017.4

0 Kudos
gyaneshwar3
Observer
Observer

I have tried it even in windows 10, still it is showing same message. do i have to change/ edit any .xml/.xdc files or hwcosim.xml file or any.

Thankyou in advance

0 Kudos
gyaneshwar3
Observer
Observer

Hi, 

I have edited board.xml and part0_pin.xml files according to arty FPGA part and Hardware Co-simulation is working.

Thank you for your support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
milruwan

Hello gyaneshwar3,

Currently i'm facing same problem you have faced before. I'm also using Arty A7-35T board. I have installed the Digilent board definition files and generated the JTAG Cosim block. Unfortunately I got the same error as you mentioned. 

Could not find JTAG device xc7a35ti.Could not find JTAG device xc7a35ti.

Can you please specifically mention the code snippet you have modified. It would be really useful.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
gyaneshwar3
Observer
Observer

Hi,

This will work, " I have edited board.xml and part0_pin.xml files according to arty FPGA part and Hardware Co-simulation is working." change the part name to "xc7a35ti" or "xc7a35t" according to your board FPGA part name

0 Kudos
Andrei
Visitor
Visitor

renaming the part in "board.xml" and "part0_pin.xml" solved nothing, more, the arty a7-35 is no longer present in the list from sysgen...

0 Kudos