UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor twonky
Visitor

Matlab doesn't work properly unless I run System generator as Administrator

I am using Vivado 2018.3 and Matlab 2018a

Matlab is showing in System Generator as configured

If I run System Generator as administrator I can open simulink and create a new project and add blocks without issue

If I run System generator by double clicking even if logged on as an administrator it loads differently I get a prompt to run Matlabstarter which doesnt happen if using run as adminstrator

MAtlab then loads and so does simulink. I can browse the blockset libraries but once I try and add one to a project I get an error 

The environment setup is not correct for System Generator for DSP to use features of System Generator for DSP please launch MATLAB using System Generator for DSP icon fromt he start menu or desktop

Normally it would be fine I could just tick the run as administrator box and there would be no issue. UInfortunatly this is for users who dont have admin permissions and dont know the administrator password so they cant do that

Error in matlab console

Warning: Error evaluating 'PreLoadFcn' callback of block_diagram 'xbsBasic_r4'.
Callback string is
'warning('off','MATLAB:mex:deprecatedExtension');xlSysGenPreLoadCheck;xlmeta;evalin('base','xilinx.environment.loadAllStrategies();');'
Warning: Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlmeta.mexw64': Missing dependent shared
libraries:
'librdi_itlib.dll' required by 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlmeta.mexw64'
'libsysgen.dll' required by 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlmeta.mexw64'.
Warning: Error evaluating 'PreLoadFcn' callback of block_diagram 'xbsIndex_r4'.
Callback string is
'warning('off','MATLAB:mex:deprecatedExtension');xlSysGenPreLoadCheck;xlmeta;evalin('base','xilinx.environment.loadAllStrategies();');'
Warning: Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlmeta.mexw64': Missing dependent shared
libraries:
'librdi_itlib.dll' required by 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlmeta.mexw64'
'libsysgen.dll' required by 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlmeta.mexw64'.
Warning: Error evaluating 'CopyFcn' callback of Xilinx System Generator Block block (mask) 'untitled/ System
Generator'.
Callback string is 'xlBlockMoveCallback(gcbh);xlSysgenGUI('copy',gcbh);'
Warning: Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlgetiplifecyclestatus.mexw64': Missing
dependent shared libraries:
'libsysgen.dll' required by 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\lib\win64.o\matlab\xlgetiplifecyclestatus.mexw64'.

Can anyone help

0 Kudos