UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Porting Virtex-5 ISE to Zynq7045 Vivado

Jump to solution

Dear All,

Here's an the issue:

I am currently porting a Virtex-5 ISE design to Zynq7045 on Vivado.
My existing ISE design is using FFT 7.1, now I have to move to FFT 9.0.

The input data to the FFT is coming from an ADC which delivers the data and the CLK to the FPGA,
the clock from the ADC is also clocking the FFT. With FFT 7.1 this is running fine, using Pipelined-Streaming mode,
I can always sample one full frame coming from the ADC without interruption.

Now PG109 for FFT 9.0 states in several places, that the s_axis_data_tready signal needs to be obeyed at the input,
and it may go low while loading one frame (PG109, Oct 4, 2017, p.41, p. 50, p.89, p.91).

My question is, does this really also hold true for Pipelined-Streaming mode, w/o cyclic prefix, unscaled?
This would be a major problem, because I definitely need to work on consecutive samples from the ADC, skipping samples would render the result useless.

In the community forums I've found this Topic.
People voiced the opinion that as long as I do nothing to stop the core from operating, input should read data continuously.

Of course this is what I would expect, however the documentation explicitly states otherwise.
Therefore I would like to have a definite answer, if I can rely on the input taking in data continuously as FFT 7.1 did.

Can you help me ?

Best regards,
Andrea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

回复: Porting Virtex-5 ISE to Zynq7045 Vivado

Jump to solution

You can continuously put the data into the FFT core when the core is set to pipelined arch and the FFT core outputs are retrieved immediately when they are ready.

2 Replies

Jump to solution

You can continuously put the data into the FFT core when the core is set to pipelined arch and the FFT core outputs are retrieved immediately when they are ready.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Dear @nathanx

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Andrea

0 Kudos