UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor thieuhiep
Visitor

Problem about FFTv1_0

Jump to solution
Hi all,

I'm trying to do my project about OFDM So I need the block FFT of Sysgen. I'm using FFTv1_0 but unfortunately, it cannot run in my kits (virtex2p and virtex 4). The Sysgen announce that FFT only can run with Virtex family. I'm a beginner so I don't understand why it only can run in virtex family but cannot run with other update versions (virtex2p or virtex4). And whether have any solution to make this FFTv1_0 run in these versions (virtex2p and Virtex4)? Please tell me if you know or have any solution for my problem.

Thanks you very much!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem about FFTv1_0

Jump to solution

The only way that might work is to generate the netlist for your sysgen design targetting Virtex. You then instantiate the netlist in a top level design targetting newer device (Virtex2 or Virtex4) and implement it in ISE.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The latest version of FFT core is v7.0, so FFT v1_0 is really old. You will need to upgrade to a newer version of FFT to support V2P or V4. Just curious, which version of SysGen are you using?
Cheers,
Jim
Visitor thieuhiep
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm using sysgen v8_2_02 to do my design. If I change my FFT1_0 to other version, I have to change all of my system, because each version of FFT run different with the same signal (for ex: FFTv3_2 and FFTv1_0). So is it possible for me to run FFTv1_0 in V4 or V2P? Please help me if you got any idea!

Thanks you in advance!!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The only way that might work is to generate the netlist for your sysgen design targetting Virtex. You then instantiate the netlist in a top level design targetting newer device (Virtex2 or Virtex4) and implement it in ISE.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor thieuhiep
Visitor

Jump to solution
thanks you very much, I knew how to solve my problem!!
0 Kudos