Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Set VHDL-Standard for Blackbox source-files in System Generator

Hi all,

in Xilinx System Generator I am using a BlackBox to synthesize my VHDL-code. To have my code run I would like to have certain .vhd-files read in vhdl2008 standard. As I need unconstrained arrays in an entity port, this would simplify my code drastically.

In my BlackBox config m-file I add my source files such as:

this_block.addFile('src/subcomponents/addertree.vhd');
this_block.addFile('src/subcomponents/block_ram/shift_buffer.vhd');

Is there a way to have one file read in 'VHDL'93' and the other one in 'VHDL2008' standard?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Set VHDL-Standard for Blackbox source-files in System Generator

It's not recommended to mix versions. You may synthesis design files and use netlist in place of VHDL code
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Ok thank you. Then how would I set the VHDL2008 standard for all my source files?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

refer chapter -6 https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I don't think Chapter 6 refers to how to set VHDL2008 in the system generator. I have a Xilinx BlackBox in Simulink and don't see a way to use tcl-commands in that workflow.

Maybe there is a Matlab-scipt command for BlackBox config .m-file? If not, I will have to implement my design without VHDL2008.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am still having issues to use VHDL2008 in the Xilinx System Generator in MATLAB/Simulink.

I did not find a setting to change within the System Generator or Simulink workflow. Now I am wondering if there is a global, persisting setting for vivado to read vhdl-files using the VHDL2008 standard?

0 Kudos