Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flamoi
Visitor
Visitor

Simulation run time increasing when upgrading SysGen from 9.2 to 10.1

Jump to solution

Hi all,

We upgraded SysGen (and ISE) from 9.2 to 10.1 SP3 and I have a dramatic increase of my simulation time.

With 9.2, the Xilinx block initialization was made one time at the begining and only modified parts was re-initialized for next simulation. That was allowing quick simulation, modification and re-simulation.

But now, SysGen initialize the whole scheme every time, taking about 10 minutes on each simulation just for this.

I looked for an option to make it not initializing every thing, but I didn't find it. Any idea?

Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nathanx
One issue we have known is that DSP48E Blocks are initialized every time a model is simulated. This issue is likely to be fixed in 11.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
flamoi
Visitor
Visitor

Some news concerning my problem:

I read in the "getting started guide" about two environment variables: SYSGEN_CACHE_SIZE and SYSGEN_CACHE_ENTRIES

But those are not defined in my windows, so I created them,with values 500 and 20000 .

No change concerning simulation time: SysGen always initialize all blocks each time I launch a simulation. :smileysad:

0 Kudos
nathanx

I am not aware of any option that can do this. 

Can you please open a web-case at http://www.xilinx.com/support/clearexpress/websupport.htm for this problem?

0 Kudos
flamoi
Visitor
Visitor
I created the web-case, thank you.
0 Kudos
nathanx
One issue we have known is that DSP48E Blocks are initialized every time a model is simulated. This issue is likely to be fixed in 11.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
huangyachai2002
Visitor
Visitor

I have the same problem when initializing DSP48E Block in 10.1.

Is it actually solved in 11.1?

If I updata to 11.1, will the simulation time decrease even if I don't use DSP48E?

0 Kudos
flamoi
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

The problem was still present after upgrading to 11.1.
But I discovered that it was due to cache from old versions.

The solution is to delete all cache / temp sysgen directories in (for windows) Local settings and Application data

After clearing those folders simulation is fast and block initialise only one time

Hope this help

François

0 Kudos