Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walid_farid
Contributor
Contributor

SysGen Block working at different clock frequencies

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to make the Sysgen blocks run at different clock speeds? and if so how can it be done ?

For example :

I've a cordic_sine_cosine block which works at 10 MHz and the outputs of this block (the sines and cosines of the rad angles) are then connected to a another block which I need to run at a 100 MHz, so that for each sample from the cordic_sine_cosine block, an operation will be done ten times in the 2nd block.

Thanks,

Walid F. Abdelfatah 

Message Edited by walid_farid on 08-25-2009 11:10 AM
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
criley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes it's possible to make differnt SysGen blocks run at different clock speeds using the Multiple Subsystem Generator block.  Then in each Subsystem you'll have a System Generator Token for which you can specify different FPGA Clocks. The SysGen User Guide has a few examples of doing this.

For the example you provided it sounds like you are more interested in using the "Up Sample" block rather than having multiple clock domains. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
criley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes it's possible to make differnt SysGen blocks run at different clock speeds using the Multiple Subsystem Generator block.  Then in each Subsystem you'll have a System Generator Token for which you can specify different FPGA Clocks. The SysGen User Guide has a few examples of doing this.

For the example you provided it sounds like you are more interested in using the "Up Sample" block rather than having multiple clock domains. 

View solution in original post

walid_farid
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you .. I used an upsampling block to make both the blocks run at different frequencies. It can also be done using the Multiple-Subsystem generator,right ?

One more question : So are DCMs configured automatically after that or what ? and is this there another way to explicitly use a DCM ?

Thanks,

Walid 

SW Versions : Xilinx ISE 10.1.3 , Matlab R2007b 

0 Kudos