Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nurahmed
Visitor
Visitor

SysGen Resource Analyzer Empty Report?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am creating an IP Catalog using SysGen. I followed the Xilinx Tutorial, but sometimes the Resource Analyzer report is empty. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Nurahmed

SysGen Resource Analyzer.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ravidapu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Please try the following in order to resolve the issues

1. Parsing of timing analysis data: Press Ok on the Error dialog, Close the token block GUI then try to re-open the block GUI and click on the 'launch' button, this should bring up the timing analysis window correctly. In case if it closing token block GUI does not work, close and re-open the model, then click on launch button on the token block GUI (make sure that you specify the same settings on the token block including target dir what you set on the block when you see parsing of timing analysis error dialog ) 

2. Empty resource/timing analysis window: It is recommended to use new target directory for code generation for timing and resource analysis, try avoiding the existing directory

Hope this will resolve your issues 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ravidapu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Would you please provide the details of Vivado version and Matlab version ?

Please also share the sysgen design if possible

Regards,

Raju A.

0 Kudos
Nurahmed
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The versions are:

Vivado 2019.1

MATLAB 2018b

Here are a few problems with SysGen:

I re-designed the same blocks in a new file starting from scratch (let's say file1), and run Resource Analyzer (or Timing analysis), I got results.

Then save as new copies (file2), didn't change anything, run Resource Analyzer, there is an empty report. And could not run Timing analysis successfully. 

The next day, I run file1 (which was successful both on Resource/Timing Analysis previously), I got the Resource Analyzer report, but Timing analysis is failed to run (attached image).

Thanks,

Nurahmed

2020-06-09_075326.png
2020-06-09_075741.png
0 Kudos
viswanad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

One thing you can try is to, use different target directory when ever you generate a code. i.e don't try to overwrite the results to same directory. This should avoid giving empty results in the resource/timing viewer window.

ravidapu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Please try the following in order to resolve the issues

1. Parsing of timing analysis data: Press Ok on the Error dialog, Close the token block GUI then try to re-open the block GUI and click on the 'launch' button, this should bring up the timing analysis window correctly. In case if it closing token block GUI does not work, close and re-open the model, then click on launch button on the token block GUI (make sure that you specify the same settings on the token block including target dir what you set on the block when you see parsing of timing analysis error dialog ) 

2. Empty resource/timing analysis window: It is recommended to use new target directory for code generation for timing and resource analysis, try avoiding the existing directory

Hope this will resolve your issues 

View solution in original post