cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marceljarsilva
Visitor
Visitor

Sysgen FFT9.0 ARESETn will not accept a signal with sample period different than 1

Hi there,

I have a sysgen design in which I send a QPSK modulated signal to an FFT V9 core.This modulated signal has a sample rate of 2 (as it takes two consecutive bits to create a QPSK signal), as well as all other signals used to configure this block.

Everything works great without a reset. However, the moment I try to use an ARESETn signal, I get in trouble. The system keeps giving me an error message telling me that the Normalized Sample Period for this port is 2, while it requires a Normalized Sample Period of 1. This makes little sense to me. As I said before, all signals that enter the FFT core have a sample period of 2, either because I use constants with such sample period, or because it receives signals that were downsampled to this period.

I tried to see what would happen if I used a signal with a sample period of 1 to drive this reset input. However, the result was that I got an output two times greater than my input (which kind of makes sense)

Any ideas on how to drive this ARESETn with a signal with the same sample period of all other signals entering the FFT core?

Cheers,

Marcel

0 Kudos
1 Reply
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you please share test case to reproduce this issue
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos