Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkj001
Visitor
Visitor

System Generator 12.2 'OpenFcn' error when try to edit block options

Jump to solution

I cannot edit the System Generator block options.  I am using Matlab 2010a and Xilinx 12.2.  I need to use 12.2 to be compatible with 3rd party hardware and software.  I have tried uninstalling both Matlab and Xilinx and then re-installing (with virus protection disabled), but I get the same problem.  I am running WinXP-32 SP3.  I can reproduce the problem by creating a new Simulink model, add the System Generator block, and then try to edit the options by double clicking the block at which time the following error window pops up:

Error Popup

I have a webcase open to try to resolve this issue but so far all suggestions have been unsuccessful in correcting the problem.  Any alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rkj001
Visitor
Visitor

I  found the main problem with my system.  I am using McAfee Total Protection Service for firewall, virus protection, etc.  This McAfee software can block applications from communicating to the internet.  I had noticed some Java errors in the Matlab command window that indicated it could not open a local port.  I found that Matlab was somehow listed as a "Blocked" application in the McAfee application list.  Once I changed it to "Allow", System Generator started working properly.  Hopefully this information can save someone else some time if they run into the same problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rkj001
Visitor
Visitor

I  found the main problem with my system.  I am using McAfee Total Protection Service for firewall, virus protection, etc.  This McAfee software can block applications from communicating to the internet.  I had noticed some Java errors in the Matlab command window that indicated it could not open a local port.  I found that Matlab was somehow listed as a "Blocked" application in the McAfee application list.  Once I changed it to "Allow", System Generator started working properly.  Hopefully this information can save someone else some time if they run into the same problem.

View solution in original post

westocl
Visitor
Visitor

I am receiving the same error and am using mcaffe. Could you tell me exactly what you did to have system generator work correctly?

0 Kudos
abbas_0612000
Visitor
Visitor

I m having the same problem. I am running WinXP-64 SP2 with Symantic End Protection.

I am using Matlab 2010a and Xilinx 12.2

I cannot edit the System Generator block options.

i TRIED ALL THE SOLUTION BUT TO NO AVAIL;PLZ HELP ME.

0 Kudos