UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor joseloera
Visitor

System Generator 13.1 FIR Compiler 5.0 ERROR:coreutil:646

Greetings, 

I am trying to implement a Polyphase filter in System Generator 13.1.

(This structure can be found on page 34 of the FIR Compiler v5.0 pdf from xilinx)

I get the following Error Mesages when trying to run the model:

standard exception: XNetlistEngine:
An exception was raised:
com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistException: ERROR:coreutil:646 - Unable to create design from file
'C:\TEMP\sysgentmp-wirelessproto\cg_wk\cca60f6ceb6b06355\coregen.cgc'. More information can be found in C:/TEMP/sysgentmp-wirelessproto/cg_wk/cca60f6ceb6b06355/coregen.log or in C:/TEMP/xlisim50eae3d7/sysgen/coregen.log. at C:\TEMP\xlisim50eae3d7\sysgen\masterScript8813914930172243618.pl line 558
Reported by:
Unspecified

I found this AR: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40476.htm which is titled:

13.1 CORE Generator - "ERROR:coreutil:646 - Unable to create design from file <directory>\coregen.cgc'"

But when I look in the temp files that Systen Generator has created it doesn't appear to have the .xaw file that this AR references.

Here is the log information from C:/TEMP/xlisim50eae3d7/sysgen/coregen.log

CoreGen has not been configured with any user repositories.
CoreGen has been configured with the following Xilinx repositories:
- 'c:\xilinx\13.1\ise_ds\ise\coregen\' []
INFO:encore:314 - Created non-GUI application for batch mode execution.
ERROR:coreutil:646 - Unable to create design from file
'C:\TEMP\sysgentmp-wirelessproto\cg_wk\cca60f6ceb6b06355\coregen.cgc'
ERROR:sim:717 - Unable to open project
'C:\TEMP\sysgentmp-wirelessproto\cg_wk\cca60f6ceb6b06355\coregen.cgc'
ERROR:encore:268 - Project
C:\TEMP\sysgentmp-wirelessproto\cg_wk\cca60f6ceb6b06355\coregen.cgc could not
be opened
ERROR:encore:120 - Could not read specified project:
C:\TEMP\sysgentmp-wirelessproto\cg_wk\cca60f6ceb6b06355\.

I have attached the image of the System Generator Error Window.

It would seem that CoreGen can't open the file that System Generator has created?

Or could it be something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sysGen_error646.PNG
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Visitor joseloera
Visitor

Re: System Generator 13.1 FIR Compiler 5.0 ERROR:coreutil:646

Greetings, 

I have an update that may or may not apply to this issues.

I am running the 64-bit version of the xilinx tools on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS.

When I run: xlDiagnosticInfo in the Matlab window it outputs a text file that contains the following:

Unsupported Operating system: PCWIN64.

The odd thing is that the first time I ran the model it worked fine, then I changed some parameters inside of the FIR Compiler block and then it started giving me the errors.

Here is the post that gave me the idea to try the xlDiagnosticInfo command in Matlab: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/System-Generator-13-1-Internal-Error/td-p/206795

Thanks

0 Kudos
Visitor joseloera
Visitor

Greetings,

This is Update #2.

I have reduced the number of coefficients and it quit having the error.

I did not know there was a limit to the number of coefficients. Interestingly enough I have used the same number of coefficients inside of the acutal FIR Compiler v5.0 CoreGen application and it has performed just fine... 

Does anyone know of a limit in System Generator FIR Compiler v5.0?

I am using 6121 coefficients.

No information is coming out of my FIR block, but I'm not getting the error either...

The number of coefficients may be the answer to this question, however there should be a reason why one is limited with the sysGen block and not in the CoreGen application.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This may be a cache issue. Can you try this command at a sysgen/matlab prompt:

xlCache('clearall')

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor joseloera
Visitor

bwiec,

Thanks for the reply.

I had to exit out of Matlab/Simulink and then run the xlCache('clearall') command. Running the command came back with no errors and then I proceeded to start my model again. This time I placed all of my original coefficients in the FIR block. 

Unfortuately, I still got the error. It does seem to be the problem with to many coefficients. Like I said in a previous comment, I find it troubling that I can use the CoreGen app to build a FIR filter with 6121 coefficients but not use the FIR Compiler in System Generator. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure why the CoreGen interface for the FIR Compiler is not used in the first place.... I guess it's probably made to interface with Matlab/Simulink better.

If it is a problem with to many coefficients how to I get around this?

If I build the FIR Compiler in the CoreGen App how do I import it to System generator to test with the rest of my system?

(I have tried the black box and simply selected the vhd file in the CoreGen project folder but it comes back with lots of errors)

FIR_blackBox_err.PNG

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Well, this is a different error. The simulation model is failing trying to open the coefficient .mif file for some reason.

Are you launching sysgen from the windows start menu (as opposed to just launching matlab and going from there)? 

What version of matlab are you using? Is it possible to attach your failing model?

If you are in a pinch and need to, you can black box the core. However, you need to be sure to include the .ngc file. There is a step-by-step example on how to black box a core in the SysGen User Guide.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor joseloera
Visitor

bwiec,

Here are the answers to your questions:

Are you launching sysgen from the windows start menu (as opposed to just launching matlab and going from there)? 

ANS: I am using the system generator shortcut on my desktop (effectively the windows start menu).

What version of matlab are you using?

ANS: R2010bSP1

Is it possible to attach your failing model?

ANS: Yes, however it seems to be working... I can still post if you like.

My system has 12G of RAM and it uses all of it when I run the model and it takes about 10 minutes to get a result. The model only has the FIR Compiler block and some inputs...

If you are in a pinch and need to, you can black box the core. However, you need to be sure to include the .ngc file. There is a step-by-step example on how to black box a core in the SysGen User Guide.

COMMENT: Thank you for placing this in your post, this is how I got it to work,  :)

Of course the question remains: Why is the a tap limit in the SysGen FIR Compiler block that is not there when you configure a FIR Compiler core using the CoreGen app?

The other question is why does running the simulation take 10Gigs of RAM?

Thanks

0 Kudos